We sold the 2016 vintage previously as their entry level. Was very well received. This is a similar to some Champagne blend of Pinot Noir, Pinot Munier and Pinot Blanc. Disgorged in Jan 2023. Over 40 months on lees! 1.3g/l dosage - Brut Nature. Same whole bunch pressing and 100% malo conversion. For those who enjoy Extra Brut or Brut Nature Champagne and like your sparkling more precise/leaner or not as fruity, we recommend you go for this!
Why buy Raumland sparkling?
- We had great feedback from our customers and of course, we were convinced of their quality based on our own tastings
- Germany's most famous sparkling wine producer and first sparkling producer to be admitted to the VDP association
- min. ageing on lees of 3 years even for their entry level and of course, using Method Traditional. i.e. same method of production as Champagne.
- 12ha large so they produce only about 150,000 bottles. Yes, this is small in the still wine world not to mention in the realm of Champagne. When more people learn about them, expect prices to increase!
- Certified organic since 2002. One cannot deny that no chemical fertilizers and pesticides is certainly healthier for us.
- Just like Champagne, Raumland (who is based in Rheinhessen) will be a beneficiary of global warming.