Named after the elder daughter Marie. Believe us, that if you name a wine after your kids, you or your kids will jolly well make them very good! This is a Blanc de Noir. 100% Pinot Noir. 100% Malo, 44 months on lees (AMAZING VALUE!). Disgorged in April 2023. 5g/l dosage. Rated 93 pts by Falstaff.
Volker Raumland with his two daughters Marie and Katharina
Why buy Raumland sparkling?
- We had great feedback from our customers and of course, we were convinced of their quality based on our own tastings
- Germany's most famous sparkling wine producer and first sparkling producer to be admitted to the VDP association
- min. ageing on lees of 3 years even for their entry level and of course, using Method Traditional. i.e. same method of production as Champagne. Did you know that for Champagne, their min. ageing on lees for NV is only 15 months!
- 12ha large so they produce only about 150,000 bottles. Yes, this is small in the still wine world not to mention in the realm of Champagne. When more people learn about them, expect prices to increase!
- Certified organic since 2002. One cannot deny that no chemical fertilizers and pesticides is certainly healthier for us.
- Just like Champagne, Raumland (who is based in Rheinhessen) will be a beneficiary of global warming.