70 bucks for a sparkling wine that has been aged 3 years on lees and made by the top sparkling producer from Germany? Now, surely it is hard to beat! Am sure you enjoy German Riesling on a sunny afternoon at the pool side or over lunch. Imagine now you have a sparkling Riesling that you can pop open any day you wish! Load up! And yes, for those who needs rating to counter check our enthusiasm, this was rated 93 points by Falstaff Germany tasting this year (2023).
Why buy Raumland sparkling?
- We had great feedback from our customers and of course, we were convinced of their quality based on our own tastings
- Germany's most famous sparkling wine producer and first sparkling producer to be admitted to the VDP association
- min. ageing on lees of 3 years even for their entry level and of course, using Method Traditional. i.e. same method of production as Champagne.
- 12ha large so they produce only about 150,000 bottles. Yes, this is small in the still wine world not to mention in the realm of Champagne. When more people learn about them, expect prices to increase!
- Certified organic since 2002. One cannot deny that no chemical fertilizers and pesticides is certainly healthier for us.
- Just like Champagne, Raumland (who is based in Rheinhessen) will be a beneficiary of global warming.